stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Note to self

Don't do your weight-training right after eating breakfast.

Yes, this is probably 'old news' to all you veteran lifters out there, but I just 'got' it this morning. For the past month I've been working out with weights every other day before I have breakfast. This renders me weak and shaky feeling after I'm finished. I thought that maybe a small bowl of cereal would help me have a little more 'oomph' in my workout, and also take care of the weak, shaky feeling. However, the only thing it did was help me to feel nauseous throughout the entire workout, and, in fact, slow me down. Instead of the normal hour I normally spend, I managed to drag it out 15 minutes past an hour. Blah. So overall, the small bowl of cereal was a definite hindrance, NOT a help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home