stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Friday, April 29, 2005

jejunocarcinobrachio what?!?!?

I'm supposed to be studying my grammar refresher course right now, in order to take the first test before my next birthday. Problem is, how can you take "refresher" course, if you never "fresh" to begin with?! Ya, it's been awhile since highschool, and I readily admit to having forgotten just about everything I ever learned. However, if I skim over the material, it usually all comes back. But see, I never learned English and Grammar for medical purposes. Therefore having the refresher course in 'medical language' is NOT helpful in refreshing my memory! Even after going thru (and completely understanding) an entire chapter concerning the basic parts of speech online (talk about an extreme view of grammar...this guy was like a nazi about it), this medical stuffage still trips me up.
Why can't we 'speak medically' in a simple, regular-person-friendly way? Like, "Patient died because she was stupid and ate too many sweets", or "Patient's knees hurt because they weren't made to support 300+ lbs". That would cut thru the mumbo-jumbo so everyone could understand and know what's really going on. Just a suggestion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home