stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Monday, May 02, 2005

Mystery of the turd

Upon returning home yesterday afternoon, my husband opened the car door and informed me that there was a turd on our lawn. I must admit I couldn't have care less about it, but feigned a half-interested look as I stepped out of the vehicle. Seeing as dogs seem to roam quite freely thru the neighborhood, finding one of their turds in our yard wasn't too shocking.
This morning as we were lying in bed enjoying the burbling sounds of our waterfall (we have a small little pond right outside our bedroom window), we heard a 'dog noise'. David peeked out the shades as he muttered about the stupid dog messing our lawn up. I stayed on my back and willed the dog to go poop in our neighbor's yard so that my man wouldn't get irritated at it for giving us a 'turd-y' lawn. A minute later, after hearing the unmistakable sound of a jangling dog collar, I too looked out the window to see a large dog bathing himself in our pond.
No wonder the poor little fishies all died. No wonder the water has recently become murky and brown. No wonder we have turds on our lawn -- we've got a flippin' 'dog bath' set up in the front yard!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmm....what an interesting way to start your day! Maybe you could start a home business with this--post a sign in your little pong saying "Dog Baths - $.50" Who knows, all the neighbors might start bringing their dogs over, and you could become rich! :-)
    Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home