stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Nationally observed weekends

Today simply can't be Saturday because it doesn't feel like Saturday. I can't explain exactly what a Saturday feels like, but I do know I'm not feeling it today. I'm sure it's due to my man's whacked out new schedule of working Tuesdays thru Saturdays. I think it's unhealthy for employers to change their employees' schedules so often. The mental stress of trying to figure out the days and dates for the family of the employee is no small thing!
In fact, I think that every employee should have the regular weekend off. The only real reason they work is actually because people are too lazy to plan ahead. If you're going to need groceries, go on Thursday evening. If you want to eat out, buy Friday afternoon and freeze till the appropriate time. See? It's all so simple really.
Watching "Meet the Fockers" last night, was like a trip down memory lane. Robert De Niro *really* reminded me of my dad at some points...always shooting my dates up with sodium pentothol, having secret DNA tests done on my fiance, and various other 'spying activities' were the norm for me at home. It was such a relief to marry and move away from such an extremist. Of course I intend to do the exact same thing for my daughter when she enters the dating arena, it's a great way to build patience, and to show trust to those you love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home