stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Monday, May 02, 2005

Sheepish

Remember the Genie from Aladdin? He turns himself into a sheep and says "Boy, do I feel sheepish...."

After dinner, as David was heading down the hallway to our room, he commented about my having left the stereo on. I was out in the kitchen washing the dishes, and acknowledged that yes, I'd been listening to music and forgotten to shut the power off. He walked off and the thought flashed thru my mind that it was very weird for him to notice and say something about it. I am usually the persnickety one when it comes to shutting things off, putting them away, etc. Shrugging, I continued scrubbing the pot until he stuck his head into the hall saying
"Hey, why don't you shut the stereo off, and push in the piano bench."
OK, that was odd. I put down the glass, and, knocking on the bedroom door, told him jokingly that I'd do it as soon as he picked his pile of clothes up off the floor of our bedroom. As he opened the door up, I happened to glance into the living room at the piano bench.
Placed carefully on the top of a box of chocolates (mmmm...how did he know I was craving some chocolate?!) was a bright bouquet of fuschia daisies.
Ya, felt just a wee bit sheepish there.

I know, I'm a lucky girl...not many married women get a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates 'just because'! I'll keep him, thank you very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home