stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Friday, April 29, 2005

You should know this by now...

You'd think that by now, having been out of the womb for 8 months, my kiddo would've learned a few things. For instance,
'Mommy likes to sleep without interruption for at least 6 hours at night', or maybe,
'Mommy doesn't like it when I wake up every 3 hours screaming at the top of my lungs, only to have me eat for two minutes before falling into a deep, deep sleep'.
Apparently I've been remiss in my training, because Alexis can't seem to grasp this important, and very foundational concept.
Not only is that a problem, but her pessimistic nature at such a young age is shocking. Trying to remove soggy, gooey pieces of half masticated cheerio from her chin is met with distrust, as she pushes my hand away, and tries to ensure I don't get even one tiny, goo-glob of her food. I have never tried to steal a sucked-on-cheerio from my daughter to satisfy my own hunger. I don't even like soggy cheerios.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hahah. . . having a 10 month old myself, I know exactly what you're talking about! Emma woke me up every 3 hours last night and only added insult to injury by sleeping only an hour for her morning nap. ;)

    btw, I'm a friend of Ruth's. . .

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger joydle said…

    I hate it when that happens! It's like they go in spurts of not needing any sleep at all or something...
    I think Ruth has showed me some adorable pictures of your little Emma...they were really cute!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home