stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Mother's Day

Maybe I missed the birthing classes that taught one how to feel like a mother. You'd think that having a child 8 months ago, or at least the the card and flower received on mother's day, would've aided in the whole 'motherly' feeling. At times it feels more like the babysitting job from hell; the one that never ends. You aren't ever done, you never get to 'go home', and the pay rots.
However, unlike babysitting, you have the ability to use discipline when it is needed. If it wasn't for this small perk of motherhood, I think I'd have sworn off children. Nobody likes bratty children (not even their parents...why do you think they require babysitting so often?), and personally, I believe that they should be avoided at all costs.
I thought I'd feel 'older & wiser' as a mother, or at least more patient. Maybe that comes after like, years of torture. It's probably a choice. You can become patient, or you can become a raving lunatic, locked away from fresh air and sunshine. Ya, I'd choose patience too.
I suppose the whole motherhood feeling that I thought I'd be experiencing, could just turn out to be a preconceived notion. Maybe the intense love I have for my daughter, the pride I feel when I see her, and the joy I have when I'm playing with her, is motherly.
Gah. Who knows?

3 Comments:

  • At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well THIS mother didn't choose patience....why do you think I'm such a raving maniac?! No, I'm not suffering from insanity--I'm enjoying every minute of it! :-)

    Your crazy mother

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger joydle said…

    Mom, you never did suffer from it, WE did. And you enjoyed making us suffer...I'm still in therapy over this.

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger joydle said…

    I decided it was time for you to focus on the rest of the children, as opposed to only me. From what I hear tho, it sounds like you practiced all your evil schemes on me, decided they didn't work, and are letting my siblings live with no suffering. Rots being the eldest. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home