stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Monday, February 13, 2006

no good


I walked into the bowling alley with high hopes. Last time I bowled when I was pregnant (with Alexis), I did better than ever before. I've been working out with weights regularly, so my arm was prepared to powerfully launch the ball down the lane.

(Observation that has little to do with this post: About two lanes down from us, there was a very interesting group of young people. Two of the boys were dressed in jeans and plaid cowboy shirts. One sported a cowboy hat. The one girl was dressed normally, but her friend...well, she had on a pink poodle skirt (complete with poodle). And black tights. With a red shirt sticking out from under a white sweater. We gave her the benefit of the doubt, and assumed that she had lost a bet which forced her to wear very unattractive clothes out in public.)

We only played two games, and I did awful. I mean, like, *really* bad. Maybe I wasn't concentrating. Maybe I'm out of practice. Or maybe I just rot at bowling. Whatever the reason, my scores were embarrassingly low. The kind where you slink back to your chair and hope the rest of the group was too busy chatting to notice how 'off' your aim was. heh.

Glancing at the scores of those next to us helped me to not feel so alone. Then I noticed the 8 empty bottles of beer littering their table...and watched the one guy take 2 minutes to get his 'bowling fingers' into the bowling ball holes. Okay, so my low-score-company was two drunk guys...figures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home