stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

citrus ripoffs

As I opened the fruit drawer the other day, with a stomach growling due to its empty state (the stomach's empty state, that is, not the fruit drawer's), I was disappointed to see how small the oranges were. But I wanted to eat something healthy, so I leaned down and dug around to find the largest orange available. I am not ashamed of doing so, and think that being 6 months pregnant should give me the right to eat as many large oranges as I please (of course, I won't mention that I do the same with chocolate chip cookies. I don't look for the largest, per se, but I do look for one that has lots of chocolate chips...I mean, come on--who *really* wants a cookie that only has one or two chocolate chips in it?). I finally pulled out a medium-sized orange, and, feeling pleased with myself for finding it, I sat down and began the peeling process.

That orange's skin was literally half an inch thick. And by the time it was all peeled, it ended up being about the size of a Ping Pong ball.

So I ate my 4 orange slices. It barely seemed worth the time it took to peel the thing. They just don't grow 'em the way they used to when I was a child.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home