stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

On Monday I did an intense lower body workout (we won't discuss how long it'd been since I last did a weighted workout, because then I'd be forced to start making excuses that contain vague hints about nausea, moving, chasing a 16mth old around, etc. etc. and I'd prefer not to bore anyone). While I did feel energetic after my self-inflicted torture, I felt sore for the rest of the day.

Upon awaking Tuesday morning, I realized that my entire lower body was aching and sore--even to the touch. That discovery was made before I even attempted to get out of bed and down the two flights of stairs to the kitchen.

I seriously considered having David carry me, but that would've gotten ridiculous, and I doubt he'd have had the time. Sliding down on my own sounded like a great idea until I realized my rear was entirely too sore, and duh--you can't slide down stairs on your belly when you're 6 months pregnant.

So I became more of a woman, and walked down the stairs like a normal person. Well, like a normal 98yr old person anyway.

It is now Thursday evening, and I can only now walk/squat/sit, etc. without any pain. I'm due for another lower body workout tomorrow...but I'm thinking that maybe the whole 'No pain, no gain' motto just isn't for me. The pain I've felt over the last four days was NOT enjoyable, and not something I feel like having again. I'm thinking that the 'No pain, no pain' thing sounds MUCH better...and way more endurable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home