stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

purely factual

~ My SIL (Sarah Klick) became engaged over the holidays, and has recently asked me to be a bridesmaid! I told her that anytime after the baby is born is fine with me. Fortunately, they are planning a fall wedding, so I don't need to worry about being the freak sideshow by waddling down the aisle fully pregnant (talk about nightmarish).

~ David officially retired from the Police Dept. last month, and is now exploring many interesting job opportunities. Of course, with his many (sweet) skills (you know, like, bow-hunting skills, computer hacking skills...), he has had a lot of interviews, and several job offers. It's always nice to have so many options...especially when it comes to deciding what you're going to do every day for eight hours.

~ I had my first experience making jewelry on Monday. We made quite a few sets of earrings for my SIL's wedding, and I got to create/design the bride's pair...I loved it! I've always been intrigued by intricate work like that, and secretly believe it to be my higher calling in life. Let's see, medical transcription vs. jewelry designer. Ya, jewelry/creativity would definitely win out every time. Too bad it doesn't pay so well, and I have no experience to speak of. Doesn't it always work out like that?

~ We are still settling into our new(ish) home...and I'm loving getting funky/contemporary black and red items for our den.

~ I'm 6 months along now, but haven't taken the picture yet. As soon as I figure out how to use our recently aquired digital camera, I promise to do so. I'm sure that batteries/charging it would be a step in the right direction.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger Desperate Househusband said…

    congrats on David's retirement. I was a police officer as well years back. Also loved the Napoleon Dynamite reference. Also congrats on the pregnancy. Good Luck,... 2 is more than twice as hard as 1

     

Post a Comment

<< Home