stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006


AND THEN THERE WERE TWO





I want you all to be the first to know that I'm pregnant. 6 months along, actually. Here's a picture we took when I was a little over 3 months along (I hate how pregnancy thickens a girl up):








This one was taken about a month ago when I was 5 months along:

The part I hate about pregnancy is how I just look like I'm gaining weight...but not enough to wear maternity clothes...so I just look fat. Not cool.
Yes, we already know the sex of this unborn child--we had a sonogram about a month and a half ago. I was very relieved to discover that it was human, and that it was indeed mine. Alexis Joy is going to be a sister...and she's going to have a sister here soon.
No we have not discussed names at any length, other than nixing Gretchen (Great-grandma Klick's suggestion), and Joy Alexis (David's joking suggestion). Although my grandmother on my father's side did name her last two sons 'John Thomas', and 'Thomas John', we decided to not follow her example (give her a break, she gave birth to 14 children, ok?).
Just to get it out of the way, so I won't be irritated by the questions, we ARE happy it's a girl. I was about 2 years older than my sister, and we are very close now. I am excited that Alexis will have a younger sister who's close in age. And yes, we are aware that the Klicks (my in-laws) only have grand-daughters. No, I do not wish to stand around discussing how this happened (sex. ever heard of it?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home