stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

fantasy vs. reality

I love the concept of school and studying. I love picturing myself snuggled into the corner of our black leather couch, a red fleece wrapped around me, as I sip hot cocoa and study my school. Or even better, being at the library/Starbucks/Barnes & Noble, tucked away in a corner studying like a diligent student (I would probably even buy some hot, studious glasses just to heighten the experience).

This morning I was forced to admit to myself that in reality, my school/studying just isn't as fun as I always dreamt it would be.

~I was perched precariously on the edge of my folding chair, while Lexi climbed up and down, alternating between biting my hair and hanging onto it for dear life so as to stay in an upright position.
~My toes were frozen because we have no warm fuzzy blankets up here in the office.
~Reading reports from the computer is the fastest way to bring on a behind-the-eyes headache.
~and I have no hot cocoa because it's fattening.


Ya. Lets just say I prefer the mental picture I have of studying over the reality of it ANY day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home