stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Feeling a bit stingy today?

Growing up with a father who loves hot sauce (as in, he likes to drink hot sauce packets from Taco Bell), I have also developed a taste for the stuff. In fact, I pretty much don't enjoy any tacos if they don't have at least one sauce packet poured on them. My dad has gone so far as to pour half a packet on his burrito before each bite...but seeing as his breath could then curl my eyelashes, I decided that that was a bit extreme.

Obviously, eating inside Taco Bell is always enjoyable and fine, because there are as many sauce packets as you need; it's when you go through the drive-thru that things get tricky. I've gotten to where I will check my bag for sauce before I drive off, because there's nothing worse than getting home and having no hot sauce packets for my food.

At the risk of sounding like an old woman, I'll say that things were much better in the old Taco Bell days...back when they'd just grab a handful of sauce and drop it in your bag. These days it's like all drive-thru customers are only allowed to have 2 packets with each meal.

When I buy 3 tacos, I would like to have 3 hot sauce packets. Not 1, not 2, and do NOT give me mild or fire sauce--those just taste nasty. If I buy nachos, I will need about 3 packets just for them, because I'd like a little sauce on each bite. It's really pretty simple.

So yesterday David and I were picking up a couple tacos. As always, I checked the bag as he waited for our waters. Finding only 3-4 packets, I asked him to please get some more. As the girl handed him our drinks he asked for a couple more hot sauces.

Either she is an extremely literal person, or a stingy sauce person, because she reached into the bin, and then carefully handed David 2 hot sauce packets.


Welcome to the days of sauce-rationing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home