stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Friday, July 15, 2005

It's not luck, lady

As I was rollerblading up the hill that I've lovingly dubbed "suicide mountain", I caught up with a very large woman who was *really* struggling to keep her bicycle going forward. I thought it was great that she was working out -- that hill is really big.
Then, as I passed her, she whined through heavy panting, "You're so lucky! You're not even breathing hard! It's not fair!"



That's not called luck, lady, that's the benefit of working out regularly. And I know that everyone wants to be the victim of unfairness, but come on, aren't you taking it a little too far?

2 Comments:

  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger Desperate Househusband said…

    did you keep one eye over your shoulder for her as she picked steam after she started coming down the hill. It is kind of like the semi trailer you pass going up the hill, only to notice a large Peterbilt grill in your rearview mirror on the way down the hill.

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger joydle said…

    lol, no kidding. Can't get squished on the way down...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home