stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

My munchkin





Wow -- I didn't realize that I was able to upload pictures from my computer. Suhweet!






Alexis had her 10 month 'birthday' yesterday.
My in-laws have a large pool, and, being the good daughter-in-law that I am, I make sure that we get over there to swim and sunbathe visit with them at least several days a week. Lexi loves the pool if I go slow in putting her in...otherwise she growls (literally) at me, and being the bad mom that I am, I can't help but laugh at how she expresses her displeasure. I'm sure the growling is from her father's side of the family, as is her temper. *cough*
Watching her stagger around the house and learn to walk has been an endless source of amusement for David and I lately. She always looks like she just got off a horse (although that may have something to do with the never-ending full diaper. I tell myself that it's for her good -- it makes for a softer landing when she falls), and has drunk a few too many bottles of grape juice.
I always used to roll my eyes at the parents who were constantly amused with their own childrens' antics, and now I'm one of them. She cracks me up, and I can't keep my eyes from shining proudly as I watch her. She's got to be the cutest little munchkin I've ever seen.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger joydle said…

    But of course you're unbiased, she's only your very first grandchild born of your favorite oldest daughter!! ;-)

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger joydle said…

    Ha, she won't wear generic brands, eh? That's hilarious.

    I think there's a difference in enjoying all your child's 'firsts' and forcing the general public to also enjoy them. I love watching Alexis learn to do all the things that every baby does, but I would hardly go and force my neighbor to watch and hear about it all.
    For sure, it's silly for a parent to think their child is the first one to cut a tooth at 4 months, but I have no problem with them being excited about it as long as they don't want it to be the topic of discussion for an entire evening.

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Joy she is such a cutie! I can't believe how big she is already! Wow!!

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger joydle said…

    Thank you Christy! I can't believe how big she is either...the time has gone by so fast.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home