stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Almost

As David climbed in bed this morning (he works the midnight shift), I sleepily kissed him, and then rolled back over to enjoy some more sleep. It was the perfect morning to sleep in, with the soft patter of rain, the chilled air which makes me burrow deeper into the warmth of my bed, and the occasional clap of thunder. I was very aware of the excellent sleeping-in conditions of the morning as I happily drifted back to sleep. I had been having a good dream before he came home, and I actually continued to have it as I closed my eyes and slept...until Alexis started crying and woke me up.
I tried to ignore her...I really did...I didn't want to lose my perfect morning. But David wouldn't let me.
"Aren't you going to get her?!" he asked
"She's only been crying for a minute." I protested
But he insisted "No, it's been 15 minutes and she's keeping me awake."

Arg. If I hadn't been so busy mourning the loss of my extra sleep, I would've felt bad for not realizing she'd been crying for so long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home