stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Hotel Rwanda

What a sad, sad movie. It was a tear-jerker, that's for sure. Movies are always more sad when they're based on something that really happened.
The main character, played by Don Cheadle, and his on-screen wife, did a beautiful job of portraying a sweet, loving marriage. So many times the relationships shown in movies are so over-the-top, or just plain antagonistic. But I really thought their relationship was shown as special, yet very *real* at the same time.
While appreciating the main character's ability to talk people into doing what needed to be done, I have to admit that there were times when I wanted to grab a machine gun and just shoot the bad guys in the head. I like movies where the bad guys get killed as painfully as possible. Unrealistic, yes; but satisfying? Very.
Due to the vow I've taken to forsake sad movies, I have no intention of watching the movie again. However, it was a good show, and I'm glad I watched it.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger joydle said…

    Exactly! If they're going to have evil bad guys, they need a suitable death! I've not seen Kingdom of Heaven yet, altho I'm sure my man will want to see it sooner or later.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home