stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

bad mother

Our movie went a little late last night, so when we arrived to pick Alexis up, she had already been lying down for about 20 minutes--which is just enough time to make her drowsy, and extremely clumsy. We'd been out with David's sister and her husband, while David's mom and dad watched the grandkids.

As we lounged around talking about the movie, Lexi stumbled around between the relatives and her toys. She kept returning to a little riding toy, but was too tired to push herself around on it. After she finally clambered into the seat (which is about 8 inches off the ground), I watched as she sleepily started tilting, and then fell over and off, onto the floor.

There were 3 women in the room at the time, my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law, and myself. Two of the women immediately began the 'mother's moan' (which consists of 'aww...poor baby...are you ok?'), and one of them burst out laughing.

I can't help it that it looked hilarious--whenever I see anyone fall over it just cracks me up (unless it's a serious fall, of course). So I'm a wicked, unloving mother...I laugh when my child tips over. I try to be more discreet when it's people outside of my own family of course, so as to not spread my evil (and warped) sense of humor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home