stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

just wondering what people are thinking sometimes. Take, for example, the large man in the parking lot this morning. I would assume that people know a parking lot involves vehicles. I would assume that people realize that the vehicles must drive up and down rows to get to parking spaces, so as to park the vehicle. I would then assume that people would logically conclude that since vehicles are being driven about, they need to watch where they're going, look around them, open their eyes, maybe work on being more aware...

In the parking lot this morning, I braked the car to allow the afore-mentioned large man to walk in front of me. I'll never make that mistake again. I waited for him to choose a side to walk on, but he either: 1) forgot which side of the row he'd parked on, or, 2) was blind, and didn't realize that he was making it impossible for vehicles to pass him.

For the entire length of the row (and we're talking some distance here people), he plodded down the middle. It was seriously a 5 minute procedure...and I couldn't get around him.

Apparently we can't all pay attention to the things happening around us. Maybe it's like they say--'ignorance is bliss'...that is, until I run over your inattentive hide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home