stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

humpty dumpty had a great fall...

and so did Alexis, unfortunately...which resulted in her new fashion statement (not the posed smile, the cast):
*sigh* Ya. She broke her wee little arm. The doctor and nurse said it was the smallest little cast they'd ever done.

Thursday night my lil Lexiloo fell off the computer chair and cried for a long time. I watched her fall (slow-motion stuff...like the dream where you can't move fast enough), and after her crying subsided, I moved her arms/wrists/elbows around to see if they were hurting. She did not react, so I assumed she just scared herself and put her to bed soon after.

The night was spent with me getting up out of bed every half hour or so from 11-3am, to see why she was screaming so shrilly. Moving her arms around still produced no extra cries, so we thought it was some bad gas (has happened before), and rubbed her belly when she'd cry (if only children could talk. I'm sure she'd have told her two moronic parents that DUH, rubbing her tummy wasn't helping the pain in her BROKEN ARM one iota).

*cute moment that would've been cuter had it not been 3am* I layed her down beside me, and she cuddled up close and wrapped her little arm around my neck...awww. I little cuddlers.

On Friday afternoon my in-laws decided that she was definitely favoring her right arm, and gave me a call (I have 6 piano lessons that I go 45 minutes away to teach). My last student really got gypped on her lesson...but what mother can concentrate on teaching when she knows her baby might have a broken arm?!

And so...we have a little one with a cast. I signed it already, of course. It says 'I U! ~ Mommy'...but with the way the cast hangs, it looks more like I wrote 'I Mommy.'

2 Comments:

  • At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awwww, poor little Lexi!! She is SOOOO cute! I love her hair.

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger joydle said…

    I cut it the day after we took the picture. :-) Check out the more recent cast photo.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home