stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Monday, April 10, 2006

smack down

As Alexis and I were looking at the adorable little puppies in the pet store, I heard one of the older lady workers comment to a customer, "Oh, look at that beautiful little girl!" as she nodded at my daughter. The customer agreed, telling me that Lexi was an absolute doll, and adding "She is gorgeous, just like her mother."

Needless to say, I beamed (compliments at 9 months of pregnancy are hard to come by) and thanked her, feeling that my day was just made much better.

The worker then inquired as to my due date, and was shocked that I was 4 weeks from delivering. I'm used to people being surprised at how far along I am, because I usually run a bit smaller.

But before I could let her know that I run a bit small in my pregnancy size, she blurted out, "Are you carrying twins?!?!"

My smile sort of froze, and I shook my head dumbly. "Um, no, I'm just having one girl."

"Are you SURE?! Have you had a sonogram to make sure there's only one baby in there?" Ms. Iflunkedtheschooloftact persisted.

"Yes, I've had several sonograms, and believe me, there was only one child growing." *baring teeth in an attempt at a polite smile*

"WOW. Well...I sure hope they were accurate, cuz it looks like you could be carrying twins."

So much for my feel-good compliment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home