stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Weekends

Mmmm. I had a wonderful, 5-day weekend. Relaxing. Fun. Responsibility-free. Quality (and quantity) time spent with my man. Can a weekend get much better?
My 25th birthday was yesterday, November 7th.


Two months prior to it, I told David that I would *really* love to take a 2-day trip away (without Alexis) for my birthday. As of a week ago, he had me convinced that 1) he couldn't get off work, 2) he hadn't made any such arrangements, and 3) we didn't have enough cash for such a trip. I was very crushed because, due to several different reasons, we will be unable to make a just-the-two-of-us trip away for a long while.

Last Thursday morning (the 4th), he was acting strangely, and told me we'd be going on a date before he left for work. When he made me stay out in the den for over half an hour, I began to wonder what kind of date this was going to turn out to be.

We dropped Alexis off at his parents, and then drove to Sonic for lunch. On our way over I asked where we were really going. Of course he wouldn't tell me, but I'm a sneaky thing and figured it out telepathically. Ok, actually, after driving for about half an hour, he had to call the resort (YAY!!!) that we were going to for better directions.

So we drove to, and stayed at a 5-star resort that overlooked the lake for 5 days! I don't have the pictures online yet, but when I do I'll post them. The drive down was gorgeous--the leaves are so beautiful in the fall. And we had our 'indian-summer', so the weather was perfect.

~It was so much fun browsing thru the little outlets holding David's hand, and making fun of the clothes (or people, depending upon which was the better target ).

~We played ping-pong for such long periods of time that we would get too tired to move our feet, and would only bend from the waist to try and hit the ball. David beat me every. single. game.

~We layed outside on the dock at night, listening to the water splash against the rocks, and gazing up at the stars.

~We watched Chicken Little, and for the rest of the weekend kept disrupting each other's conversation with the line, 'What were we talking about?'

~We took a tour thru Bridal Cave, and it was very interesting. I couldn't believe people actually wanted to get married there, but there have been over 2,000 weddings in it since 1949. I always wanted (and had) a beautiful, romantic wedding...not one with drippy, slimy walls, and a dirty, muddy floor. yuck.

And then for my birthday presents, David bought me four DVDs, along with a GORGEOUS (and expensive) watch. It is one of the kind that looks like a bracelet (I know there's a specific name for it, but seeing as I didn't buy it, I don't know what that name is. I have to go in to get 4 links removed, so I can find out then. ) Maybe I'll take a pic of it too, to post with the resort pictures. I LOVE it, and think it's one of the prettiest ones I've ever seen!!

All in all, I had a GREAT birthday weekend...my husband is the most wonderful man on the planet, and I bless the day I met him (can I actually bless a day? Probably not, technically ). I love how romantic, and thoughtful he is...coming up with such stunningly perfect plans for his little wife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home