stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

I love reading while I eat. My morning tradition is my xanga subs with breakfast, and the crossings at lunch and dinner. Lately, being the diligent student that I am (*cough*), I've been trying to read some of my transcription reports while I eat my lunch. This usually works out fine (aside from the total lack of entertainment found in a medical report), and I feel that I'm using (some ) of my time more efficiently.

As I sat down this afternoon with my fresh-out-of-the-oven pizza, I opened up the pathology section, and began reading as it cooled (that is, as my pizza cooled, not the pathology section). I had already done 4 hours worth of pathology reports (actually typing them up), and was ready for just a reading break.

I was chewing up my pep, sausage, n cheese, when I read the line "The liver was a greyish-white color." The following paragraph detailed the finer points of the spleen, including information that the serosa was purple and smooth.

I didn't realize that the last section of the reports were autopsy reports.


I'm really not into reading about the color of dead people's organs as I eat, I guess. So I closed up my reports, and clicked over to Crossings for some true entertainment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home