stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

embarrassing

After surprising my husband with an after-work treasure hunt, I promptly forgot about the little clues I had left scattered about the house. (Obviously, if Alexis were old enough to read, the 'adult clues' would have been promptly removed upon David's discovery of them. But seeing as she is barely 1, and I am a lazy-good-for-nothing mother, I have not started her schooling yet.)

Unfortunately, after a harried morning, I had to rush out the door around noon, only to receive a call from the realty appointment office. Of course the realtor and client wanted to look at it right then, so I sped home to try and accomodate them (I had forgotten to put the key thingy out).

I felt very vexed that the realtor did not even ask if I needed a moment in the house alone, but instead followed me right in. I tried to grab as many notes as I could before they saw them, and, feeling successful, went outside with Lexi to wait for the showing to be over.

After they were finished and gone, I went into the restroom, and was appalled to see the main clue plastered to the mirror.


I guess I need to learn how to 'clean up' after treasure hunts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home