stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Devil/child

Reading my sister's little online survey question:

As a child, were you....
a. An "angel" (the good child who rarely got into trouble)
b. A little you-know-what (the bad child who greatly challenged your parents!)

brought back some funny memories of when we were younger. In fact, I started laughing as soon as I read it.
I was older than Ruth by two years, and apparently did my best to convince my parents that they'd conceived, and given birth to a small demon. Mom was constantly spanking me for my rebelliousness, and disobedience. According to her, one of the worst nights she had with me was when I reduced her to tears, and she actually called my dad home from work because she couldn't handle me anymore. I was 3. Good work for a toddler, eh?

Ruth was the angel child, and *never got any spankings*. Okay, so I'm sure she didn't go her entire childhood without any spankings whatsoever, but my parents have said that I got enough for the both of us, so I'm sure they gave me most of hers. You simply can't imagine how frustrating this was to me as a child--I still haven't gotten over it. Having Ruth misbehave was so out of the ordinary, that I specifically remember one incident that resulted in her getting a spanking.
I don't know what Mom gave her for lunch that day, but WOO, Ruth was a fireball that day. Not only did she get a spanking, but in the middle of the spanking she shoved herself away from Mom and angrily grunted at her. If she had had as much experience as me, she would have known that an act of rebellion in the midst of a spanking is never a wise move.





Of course, I only know this because I was peeking from the doorway, and completely enjoying the show.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:04 AM, Blogger joydle said…

    Hey, that's not a problem for me. If your memory is of an angel child, far be it from me to remind you of how things really were.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home