stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Monday, June 13, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion

I was reminded the other day of the exact reason why I do not usually leave Alexis home with only her father to watch her.
My husband's cousin was getting married, and since I'm a cosmetologist and family, I was asked to help out with the hair. So I fed my darling, and ran out the door for a 'practice night' with the bridesmaids.
I was slightly worried upon returning home, as I glanced around the house and observed the mess. My man was just getting up from an evening nap (he works the midnight shift at the police dept.), and Lexi was napping in her crib. I quickly tidied the house up, but was disturbed by the half-eaten cardboard card that used to hold Alexis' little hair clips. David explained that he forgot to close the closet door she found them, and he was too busy playing a game to check on her he didn't realize that she trying to eat the cardboard.
Two days later I "found" the missing red hairclip----as I was changing her dirty diaper.




So ya, in case of accidental ingestion, don't worry! You'll get it back in a few days.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger joydle said…

    lol, how gross is that?!

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my word. That's awful! You'd think that she would have choked and started coughing on that thing before she ever swallowed it!

    Remember how Dad used to "watch" the kids.....like the time one of them crawled up on the stairs holding an open tube of vaseline, thus squeezing some out on each step?!!

     
  • At 11:49 PM, Blogger joydle said…

    I know, she gags pretty easily. I'm just glad it didn't get lodged in her throat or anything!

    ha - Dad was never too great at "watching" us...he always seemed to end up snoring on the couch!

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger joydle said…

    Ha, ya right!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home