stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

random 'shiver' memory

Before I was married, I worked at 'Reve', an expensive, classy salon/dayspa. During the 6 training months, I would regularly shampoo the owner's clients, and assist her in tending to them.

I became very good at giving relaxing shampoos (if I do say so myself), and had many clients who would always request me to shampoo them (several even asked about coming in every morning for a scalp massage/shampoo--of course I told them they couldn't afford me ). My technique involved a good firm massage for the scalp, and I was told multiple times that it was awesome for headaches.

As I was vigorously massaging/shampooing one older lady's scalp/hair, she suddenly grabbed my wrists. She then beckoned me forward and whispered 'Honey, please be gentle, I just got a face lift, and I don't want you to loosen the scalp incisions.'

Even now I shiver when I think about it. Needless to say, I didn't touch her scalp one more time, and finished that shampoo in record time.

*shivers*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home