stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

When Alexis was born, my mother was able to drive down from Michigan to help out for a week. Due to financial issues and husband needing hip surgery, she was not planning on making it for the birth of our second daughter. I was greatly disappointed, but seeing as there was nothing I could do, I accepted the fact that I'd be mother-less this time around.

Last Wednesday morning I mentioned to David that I would really like to drive up there soon after Treya was born since I'd not seen everyone in FOREVER. He didn't really say much about it, and I felt that he wasn't really open to the idea. He was a little distracted, and soon left to get my anniversary surprise. Since we'd agreed on no gifts ($$ is tight) and only cards (our tradition is buying the other person 2 cards--one funny and one serious), I wasn't sure what he was doing. I assumed he'd decided to get flowers and was taking his time picking out the cards (anniversary cards seriously rot in this area...the only one I found with less writing than a short novel was pretty ugly).

When he finally got home, I'd tidied everything up, and was ready for my flowers and cards. He walked in with a box of krispy kreme donuts (mmmm), and when I went to give him a hug I realized that my mom was sitting on our couch!!!!!Being the emotionally stable, tower-of-power that I am, I burst into tears and hugged her as well as I could with a big tummy in the way.

I thought that was the sweetest, most romantic thing he could've done for this anniversary.

I love you baby, you're the absolute best!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home