stop the madness

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

rantage*


*rantage is the offspring of the 'rant' and 'rampage' union which took place this afternoon after I received my mangled Taco Bell order.

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I try not to stereotype people. I tell myself 'Hey, just because they're working at a fast food restaurant doesn't tell me anything about them necessarily.' But my frequent stops at fast food joints lately have been making me doubt myself.

My first sweeping statement this afternoon was that just about every employee who works the drive-thru window is partially deaf. That would explain why I have to repeat myself 2-5 times when I'm placing my order.

Deaf drive-thru emplyee: May I take your order?
Moi: Yes, I'd like a soft taco and a nacho supreme with no tomatos or onions.
DDTE: A taco supreme, and nachos with no tomatos?
M: No. *repeats original order*
DDTE: A soft taco, and a nacho supreme with no tomatos?
M: And no onions either.
DDTE: Do you want hot sauce with that?
M: Yes please.

I pull forward. At the window I am asked two more times if I would like hot sauce with that. Each time I reply in the affirmative.

When I arrive home my next generalization is that lots of fast food workers are stupid and can't read**, because even though my order was repeated to me correctly before I pulled forward, I received a soft taco supreme, and my nachos have green onions on them. GAH.

**I am sure that these sweeping, generalizing statements are not applicable to every worker in the fast food industry. If you work in such a place, are not deaf or dumb, and can read the requested orders correctly, then I am not talking about you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home